Egypt is a wonderful country and provide amazing experience to those who visit it, but some tourists, who do not take necessary precautions, may find their holiday to be less pleasant than it should be. This can be avoided, so that everyone has a great time in Egypt.
Eating & drinking
- Eat the same amount as you do at home
- Avoid salads washed in tap water unless you have visited Egypt a few times and your body has got used to the water
- Always drink lots of bottled water. Egypt is extremely hot at times and your body will get dehydrated and this may cause your body to not function at it’s best
Wash/sanitise/wipe your hands before eating
- Keep the air conditioner on low! People get ill because they go from the extreme heat straight into air-conditioned rooms. This causes most people, even Egyptians to be ill
- Wear good quality sunglasses with proper protection for you eyes
- Take flat supportive shoes or trainers if site seeing – DO NOT take flip flops or sandals. It really isn’t worth the risk as everywhere is uneven.
Some guests might wish to take a medical pack. Although there are chemists and Drs everywhere, and all very good and helpful, it is comforting to have some medicines you might be familiar with. A first timer to Egypt might like to pack plasters, medicine for bowel problems of both kinds, paracetamol, plasters, antiseptic cream, cold sore cream, eye ointment or eye wash capsules, allergy pills such as piriton, calamine lotion for any sunburn you might experience and of course, a full supply (plus a few days more) or any medicines taken daily. Take all necessary medicines in your hand luggage.
Keep these phone numbers with you always:
(00201006808857 )The 24 hours a day, 7 days a week phone number of Egypt Day Tours
Your hotel number
Your Tour guide
Local police and ambulance.